I did particularly well this year at Christmas. And I didn’t expect to, which made receiving such lovely gifts even more fun. Granted, I’ve got lots of (thoughtful) family members who enjoy getting it “just right.” It’s almost like a game for them and this year, I won big time.
Turns out having a new baby means double the presents for yourself. The gifts my four month old son received are really for me, right? At least it feels that way. So without further ado, I present my haul of 2010, all of which I would recommend the purchase of.
Also, The Charlotte wants to know this: what did you score this Christmas? Leave a comment and let us know!
1. Chunky crystal necklace from Fragments in New York.
2. Round ceramic frame with jewel-like detailing from Anthropologie.
3. Jo Malone scent in “freesia” and Annick Goutal in the classic “Eau d’Hadrien” scent.
4. Porcelain perfume bottles from West Elm.
5. Cream cashmere scarf from Lord and Taylor.
6. Square glass candlestick holders from Crate and Barrel.
7. Long pendant necklace from local designer Tara Montgomery.
1. Black cashmere sweater from Lord and Taylor.
2. Camel leather tote from Dooney and Bourke.
3. Monogrammed brown leather day planner from Aspinal of London.
4. Bobbi Brown mascara and eyeliner, both in black.
5. Ralph Lauren black belt with gold toggle closure.
6. Polka dotted wax cloth bag from Cath Kidston in London.
1. Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox, and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
2. White bobby suit by Feltman Brothers.
3. Puddle Lane books, available through Ebay.
4. Wooden Babar car was mine as a baby.
5. Vintage silver bunny rattle, also mine as a baby.
6. Handcrafted octopus stuffed animal from Finkelstein toys on Etsy.
1. Woody Allen’s comedy Melinda and Melinda.
2. Vintage Cocktails published by Assouline.
3. The novel Chuck Dugan is AWOL by illustrator Eric Chase Anderson, brother to Wes.
4. Rachmaninov’s The Ampico Piano Recordings.
5. Sufjan Stevens‘ The Age of Adz.
6. “Ex Libris” bookplates from Cambridge, England.
7. Kanye West’s new record My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.